- Promotes healthy cholesterol and glucose levels already within the normal range
- Supports blood sugar metabolism
- Supports cardiovascular health
What is Swanson Berberine?
Berberine is a chemical compound found in many plants including goldenseal, barberry, oregon grape and phellodendron. Usually extracted from the roots, stem and bark, Berberine has had a long history of use in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Herbalists have recognised the benefits that Berberine could have in cardiovascular health.
Unlike other herbal supplements for heart health, Swanson has selected Berberine for its combined action on maintaining both healthy cholesterol and glucose levels. Continued studies and trials into Berberine use in traditional therapies has indicated the wide possibilities Bereberine could have in health including:
- An Antimicrobial: Berberine may help to fight against bacterial infections, viruses and support the GI tract.
- Maintenance for healthy blood glucose levels: Studies have suggested that Berberine may be effective in helping to regulate glucose metabolism.
- Support for a healthy heart: Research has shown that Berberine could have a positive effect on lowering cholesterol levels, blood pressure and fat loss to collectively reduce unnecessary pressure on your cardiovascular system.
- A Boost for brain health: Berberine may help to prevent oxidative damage to brain cells.
Research is still being conducted into how Berberine exactly works in the body, but later theories have suggested that it could be enhancing the action of the enzyme AMPK (adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase) which influences how the body creates and uses cellular energy.
What is Swanson Berberine used for?
Leading a healthy lifestyle is a great way to support you from the inside out, but sometimes we like to give ourselves an extra boost or focus support on particular areas. Swanson Berberine is a daily health supplement sourced from nature that works with your body to keep your cardiovascular system healthy.
Why should you choose Swanson Berberine?
- Formulated by the leading brand Swanson.
- Sourced from nature’s best.
- Has a history of use by herbalists.
- May help to support your cardiovascular health.
- Contributes to maintaining healthy levels of glucose and cholesterol.
- Works with the body to help you fight infections.
- Supports healthy brain and memory function.
What is the recommended dosage of Swanson Berberine?
Swanson recommend that you take one to two capsules a day with food.
Supplied in 60 capsule bottles, Swanson provides great affordable value without compromising on quality or potency.
Swanson Berberine contains 400mg of Berberine HCl (from Berberis aristata root).
Other ingredients include: Gelatin, brown rice flour and either or both of the following: magnesium stearate, silica.
Remember that natural therapies carry a risk of contraindications when combined with various medical treatments and conditions especially if you are taking any medications for blood pressure, cholesterol or blood glucose.
It is essential that you check with your Doctor before embarking on any new or complimentary health therapies, and natural supplement intake must be reassessed whenever there is a change in your medication.
Keep out of reach of children.
Not intended for pregnant or nursing women.
Do not take if the seal is broken on delivery.
Swanson Health Products
Glycemic Index: The speed of which carbohydrates are converted into glucose.
Physical exercise increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.