- Provides key nutrients for hair, skin and nails
- Supports collagen formation
- Thickens and strengthens hair and nails
What is Bamboo Extract (Silica)?
Bamboo is not only some of the world’s fastest growing plants, but is highly versatile as a food source, building material, in textiles and much more. However it is the extracts taken from the plant fibers of bamboo that is most notably recognised in health.
Silica or Silicon is a trace mineral and is the most commonly found element in the earths soils and food. In the body, Silica plays an important role as it helps to strengthen collagen, the main protein responsible in maintaining the health of the skin, hair, nails, joints, connectives tissues and bones. However as we age, the amount and quality of Silica is thought to diminish and is a contributing factor for changing skin condition (wrinkles), brittle nails and bones (osteoporosis).
In diet, silica can be sourced from whole grains (wheat, oats and rice) and in some vegetables such as beets, lettuce, cucumbers and onions. Silicia is also found in the berb horsetail, but studies have revealed that extracts taken from Bamboo is the richest known source of Silica which some 10 times more than horsetail.
As Silica plays an important role in maintaining tissue health as we age the challenge of ensuring a plentiful supply through diet alone may mean you are not receiving the optimum levels of this important mineral. Therefore choosing to take a dietary supplement containing Bamboo Extract is a great way to ensure a healthy intake and sustained nourishment for your vital tissues, keeping you looking and feeling youthful for longer.
What is Bamboo Extract (Silica) used for?
Bamboo Extract or Silica is used in supplements in order to aid boosting this essential mineral in your diet. Silica has many advantages in supporting your health as you age including:
- Maintaining healthy bones: Osteoporosis or thinning of the bones is an indicator of the aging process and puts you at the risk of fractures. Silica can help the body to deposit calcium to the bones and if required, Silica can also be turned into this essential mineral too. Silica may also help to alleviate the pain associated with Osteoporosis.
- Strengthens tissues: Silica helps to give strength, elasticity and resilience to the connective tissues which may aid with the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and rheumatism.
- Keeps you looking youthful: As you age the skin starts to lose its ability to retain moisture leading to wrinkles. Taking silica early in life may help to support collagen synthesis which is needed to maintain the luster in your hair, stronger nails and the complexion of your skin.
- Flexibility to arteries: Silica helps to increases the elasticity and firmness of blood vessels, a possible preventative of cardiovascular disease.
What is the recommended dose of Swanson Superior Herbs Bamboo Extract (Silica)?
Swanson recommends that you take one 300mg veggie capsule a day with water in order to boost and maintain levels of Silica in your body.
Suitable for vegetarians.
A mineral for healthy bones and teeth.
Arthritis is a disorder of the joints which can cause inflammation and pain.
Swanson Health Products
Swanson Health Products includes a wide variety of supplements to support good health, weight management and beauty.