What is Triphala?
Triphala is an Indian Ayurvedic preparation. Translated, Triphala means ‘three fruits’ which when combined, formulate a blend which may nourish, cleanse and balance the body’s digestive system. The three fruits are:
- Amla: Known as the Indian gooseberry, Amla is sour and astringent, but contains a high dose of Vitamin C.
- Behada: Like Amla, Behada is also sour and astringent, but acts as a cleansing agent on the body. Behada also contains 31% of the essential fatty acid linoleic.
- Harada: Also a strong astringent, Harada promotes the health of the mucosa, expelling any excess.
What is Triphala used for?
Triphala is considered one of the most balanced of the Ayurvedic remedies and acts as a herbal laxative by cleansing the body without weakening.
Consider safe for everyday use, Triphala may bring the following health benefits:
- A mild laxative action to reduce constipation.
- Support for a balanced the digestive system.
- A cleansed and nourished body.
- Antioxidant protection.
- Stimulate bile flow to aid digestion.
- Maintenance of blood circulation.
What is the recommended dose of Triphala?
Swanson recommends taking two tablets up to three times a day with a glass of water.
Swanson Triphala capsules are available quantities of 100 capsules making these supplements a valuable choice to support and nourish your body.
Swanson Triphala Special Precautions!
Each capsule contains 1g of Triphala. Other ingredients include magnesium stearate, silica and Gelatin making them an unsuitable choice for vegetarians.
Natural therapies carry a risk of contraindications when combined with various treatments and conditions. It is advised that you seek the advice of your healthcare advisor before taking Triphala capsules.
It is not recommended that you take these supplements if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Who are Swanson and why should you choose this brand?
Swanson is a renowned supplier of premium nutritional, supplementary health products. With over 40 years experience and a company ethos that focuses on ‘bringing wellness to the world’, you can rely on Swanson Health Products to give you regulated supplements of the highest standards in quality, purity and potency.
Vitamin C works throughout the body as it enhances immunity, reduces the symptoms of colds, and speeds up the healing of wounds.