- Supports digestive health by encouraging the growth of friendly bacteria
- Supports bowel regularity
- Helps maintain gastrointestinal balance
- Supports optimal digestion and absorption
What is Swanson Ultra Probiotic Complex?
In the last ten to twenty years, probiotics have been thrust into the spotlight, scrutinised by every healthcare professional and civilian alike. What should reassure and intrigue us in equal measure though is that the subject of their scrutiny has never been to the efficacy of the probiotics but to their method of delivery.
As we all indulge in more yoghurts and even carefully manufactured probiotic drinks, it is worth considering a few facts.
- It is estimated that there are between 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria in the human body and some posit that we each possess around ten times more bacteria than human cells.
- When we take probiotics orally, only around 75% of them will survive the harsh environment of our digestion acids.
- Swanson Ultra Probiotic Complex is a selection of 5 carefully selected probiotics, each regarded for their suitability, effectiveness and ability to survive digestion.
- It is also boosted with fructo-oligosaccharides, a prebiotic which helps the probiotics to flourish in our gut.
Swanson Ultra Probiotic Complex represents the very best in probiotic formulas, designed especially to support the growth of ‘good bacteria’ in your gut. This helps to counter the imbalances in your flora created by the rapid overgrowth of ‘bad bacteria’. Meaning that you can enjoy a healthier digestive system, free from uncomfortable gut problems
What is Swanson Ultra Probiotic Complex used for?
Because each of the probiotics in Swanson Ultra Probiotic Complex work uniquely, there are numerous health benefits from this formula.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus – Amazingly, there is research which suggests that the Lactobacillus strain of bacteria could actually lessen feelings of anxiety and ease symptoms of depression (especially when it is combined with prebiotics like fructo-oligosaccharides). But that’s not even its central purpose. Most of the understanding about L. Rhamnosus refers to its benefits as a treatment for gastrointestinal issues like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus – The world’s most commonly used and reliable probiotic. It can be used to treat vaginal infections by neutralising bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections and it has been used to prevent diarrhea too.
- Lactobacillus Lactis – One of the most robust probiotics, it thrives in the harsh environment of the human gastrointestinal tract. It is also an effective treatment for diarrhea as well as being a fantastic support mechanism for the other Lactobacillus organisms, allowing them to focus on more specific functions while it takes on some of their workload.
- Bifidobacterium Longum – Helps to reduce gastrointestinal discomfort caused by stress and soothes irritation in the body. It has also been linked with reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Streptococcus Thermophilus – It creates lactic acid as well as breaking down lactose into the acid. Which is why it is also often given to those who are lactose-intolerant. It can also boost the immune system and aid colon health.