What is Swanson 100% Pure MCT Oil?
Recarriedly, man out achieves nature – albeit usually with a huge helping hand from mother Gaya to get us started on our way. MCT Oil is a great example of what can be accomplished when we stand on the shoulders of giants. The giant in this instance being Coconut Oil.
- Derived from Coconut and Palm Kernel Oil
- Medium Chain Triglycerides boast a far superior absorption rate
- Heart Essential Fatty Acids
You may already have heard about or even extolled, yourself the many benefits of adding Coconut Oil to your diet. It is after all a great way to get your fatty acid intake.
Fat has become something of a dirty word. When people want to lose weight, fats are the first thing to go. The truth is though, that we need fats. They take care of our hearts, our arteries, our brains and our skin. The list goes on. Yes, there are bad fats that we should avoid in our diets but there are also essential fats that we need.
Of those fats, there are two types of these fatty acids in a coconut, ‘long chain triglycerides’ and ‘medium chain triglycerides’ (MCTs). While they both have their merits, MCTs are essentially far easily absorbed into the blood, rendering them a superior form. By extracting the tiny amount of MCTs to the far larger proportion of LCTs in the coconut, Swanson have given you the most beneficial part of the coconut.
What is Swanson 100% Pure MCT Oil used for?
Bringing Coconut Oil into your diet is unquestionably a good source of MCTs but there are pitfalls. Too much is now thought to be bad for you.
- Just one tablespoon of organic coconut oil has approximately 12 grams of saturated fat in it.
- Saturated Fat is a known cause of increased LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Swanson 100% Pure MCT Oil has that saturated fat removed, maintaining the MCT Oil only.
- MCTs provide us with fewer calories: 8.3 per/g vs. 9 calories per/g of LCT.
- LCTs require bile salts to break them down in our blood before use
- MCTs do not require carnitine for cellular absorption
That’s why athletes have been using Swanson 100% Pure MCT Oil for some time now. Its quick absorption allows for higher, faster energy output and also superior cardiovascular health. If you’re someone who wants to really see the benefits of high intensity workouts then this oil is really for you.
What is the recommended dosage of Swanson 100% Pure MCT Oil?
To be used as a dietary supplement. Take one 15 ml spoonful once or thrice a day. Can be used on its own or as part of your meal.
NOT SUITABLE FOR FRYING
If you are already on other medication or suffer from any pre-existing conditions which you believe may contradict this supplement then ALWAYS seek advice from a physician before taking.
Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Do not take if the outer seal is broken or damaged upon purchase.
Swanson Health Products
A fatty substance produced naturally by the liver and is also found in meat and dairy foods.